Kittens of all shapes and sizes will love this Crochet Cat Bed. This classy and sophisticated bed will help your precious feline sleep in style. This easy crochet project is great for beginners, and could be a fun way to use up your yarn scraps if you don't mind a multi-colored bed! Little dogs can easily enjoy the comfort of this bed, too.
- 1.5 Balls of Yarn – Bulky
- Secondary color of Yarn – same weight
- Crochet Hook – US J/6.00mm
- Stitch marker or scrap of contrasting color yarn
- Embroidery needle
- Ch 2 and then 6 sc in second ch from hook. Place marker.
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around.
- Round 3: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 2 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 4: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 3 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 5: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 4 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Round 6: 2 sc in the next sc. sc in the next 5 sc. Continue all the way around.
- Keep up this same pattern of increasing by one each round until you’ve gone 20 rounds in which the final round would be: 2 sc in the next sc, sc in the next 18 sc. If you want to make it a bit bigger this is where you’d add a few more rounds until you have the size you’re after.
- Rounds 21 – 28: sc in each sc around.
- Rounds 29 – 30: Change to new yarn colour. Sc in each sc around for 2 rounds.
- Bind off and weave in ends.