Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tee Shirt Beaded Necklace


Do you have an old tee-shirt you no loger use, why not up-cycle it? This necklace will look good with anything you wear. I have taken this pattern from:

FaveCrafts.com

Materials:
An old tee shirt
Scissors
Pearls

Instructions:
First lay your tee shirt out flat.  Starting at the bottom, cut strips about 1 inch wide.  It doesn’t have to be perfect, just eyeball it.

Once your strips have been cut (I stopped cutting as soon as I got to the sleeves), gently stretch them out one by one.

You could use a scrap piece of tee shirt material or a heavy duty piece of thread to thread the pearls.  I used some left over tee shirt material that I stretched until it was super thin.  I used a knitting needle to thread the pearls onto the fabric thread.

Depending on the size of the tee shirt, you should be able to wrap the strips around your neck twice.  That’s what I did and then I tied the string of pearls to the doubled up strips of tee shirt fabric.




No comments: